Verizon Wireless offers mobile plan discounts to nurses who verify their identity using ID.me. This article explains which nurses are eligible for Verizon mobile plan discounts and how to verify.
To qualify for Verizon discounts, you must have a “Medical provider - Nurse" card in your ID.me Wallet and be the account owner or manager for your Verizon account.
When you verify as a nurse, you should get two cards – one “Nurse” card and one “Medical provider - Nurse” card. Both display in your ID.me Wallet.
- If you don’t have the Medical provider - Nurse card in your ID.me Wallet, go through the steps to verify.
- If you have a Medical provider card that doesn’t have the nurse category, go to your ID.me Wallet. Find the Medical provider card, select Reverify ID, then enter your NPI. If you don’t have an NPI, visit Verifying as a medical provider without an NPI.
Other eligibility requirements to keep in mind:
- Eligibility rules for Verizon nurse discounts are set by Verizon, not ID.me.
- One of the eligibility criteria is that you must be a currently-employed nurse (LPN, LVN, NP or RN) or a currently-employed respiratory therapist with a valid National Provider Identifier (NPI) number.
- For a full list of eligibility requirements for Verizon nurse discounts, visit Verizon’s nurse discount eligibility requirements.
Verify for nurse discounts
To verify for Verizon nurse discounts:
- Go to the Verizon Wireless or Verizon Fios page in ID.me Shop.
- Select Unlock to Save or Shop Now.
- Select Check eligibility, then select Get started.
- Sign in to your ID.me account. To create a new ID.me account, select Create an ID.me account. For a new ID.me account, you’ll need to confirm your email address and set up multi-factor authentication (MFA), if prompted.
- Select Begin and follow the prompts to enter your NPI number.
- In the “Provider Type” dropdown, select Nurse, then follow the steps to verify using your NPI number. If you don’t have an NPI number, follow the steps in Verifying as a medical provider without an NPI.
After you verify
After you verify, you will be redirected to Verizon. There, you can register your Verizon account for the nurse discount or shop for a new device or service if you’re not a current Verizon customer.
I’m not a current Verizon customer
If you are not a Verizon customer, visit Verizon’s Getting the discount page for steps to verify as a nurse.
I’m not sure if I’m eligible
If you’re not sure if you’re eligible, visit Verizon’s Eligibility page or contact Verizon’s customer support team directly.