When you complete identity verification, your next step is to return to the state’s website, and continue to file your new claim.
To continue the verification process:
- You will be redirected to the state’s website. (NOTE: If the redirect is unsuccessful, you may need to return to the EDD site and select File a New Claim. Click the Verify with ID.me button and login to your existing account, and you should be successfully redirected to your claim.)
- Follow the prompts to continue your claim.
- When prompted, be sure to click Allow. (See screen image below.) This action shares your identity information with the state and enables the claim process to continue.
Note: If you verified your identity with a Trusted Referee:
- Return to the California EDD site.
- Log in to your California EDD account.
- Provide your ID.me credentials when prompted.
- Follow the steps for California EDD, then click to Allow them to use your verified identity information.