When you complete identity verification, your next step is to return to the state’s website, and continue to file your new claim.
Steps to continue the verification process:
- You will be redirected to the state’s website. (NOTE: If the redirect is unsuccessful, you may need to return to the EDD site and select File a New Claim. Click the Verify with ID.me button and login to your existing account, and you should be successfully redirected to your claim.)
- Follow the prompts to continue your claim.
- When prompted, be sure to click Allow. (See screen image below.) This action shares your identity information with the state and enables the claim process to continue.
Steps if you verified your identity with a Trusted Referee:
- Return to the California EDD site.
- Log in to your California EDD account.
- Provide your ID.me credentials when prompted.
- Follow the steps for California EDD, then click to Allow them to use your verified identity information.