ID.me has entered a partnership with the New York State Department of Labor (NYS DOL) to verify your identity.
If NYS DOL contacted you to verify your identity, carefully follow the steps below:
- Visit the website mentioned in the message, then click the green Verify with ID.me button to begin the identity verification process.
- Follow the prompts to either open your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Confirm your email address.
- Select and set up the multi-factor authentication option of your choice.
- Next, choose the document you want to use to verify your identity: driver’s license, state ID, passport, or passport card.
- Follow the prompts to submit photos of your selected document. Click here for tips and best practices.
- When prompted, take and submit a selfie.
- Enter all other requested information, including your Social Security number.
- Confirm your information and ensure it is accurate and complete.
- At the end of the process, be sure to click Allow and continue. This step shares your identity information with NYS DOL.
Note: If you verified your identity with a Trusted Referee:
- Return to the NYS DOL site.
- Log in to your NYS DOL account.
- Provide your ID.me credentials when prompted.
- Follow the steps for NYS DOL, then click to Allow them to use your verified identity information.
After identity verification is successful, your screen will look like the one below.
No additional steps are required. PUA payments will be processed in 10-14 days. (If there are any eligibility issues, NYS DOL will contact you. Click here for NYS DOL contact information.)