If you think your ID.me account or personal information was compromised by a scam, we advise reporting it immediately. Recognizing the signs of a scam attempt is also crucial. This article explains how to promptly notify ID.me Support about suspected fraud.
Report suspected fraud
If you suspect someone tried to create an ID.me account or verify using your information, follow these steps to report suspected fraud:
- Go to the ID.me Contact Support form.
- Enter the email address you use for your ID.me account.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Under the “Why can’t you access your account?” dropdown, select I suspect fraud on my account.
- In the “Description” field, include as much information as you can about the suspected fraud you're reporting. For example, screenshots of any communication that led to you submitting this claim or other relevant details.
Other identity fraud resources
If you suspect you’ve been a victim of identity fraud, unrelated to an ID.me account, there are government resources to help with next steps. ID.me cannot help with general identity theft.