ID.me has entered a partnership with the Oregon Employment Department (OED) to verify your identity for unemployment insurance (UI) benefits.
To verify your identity:
- If you received notification from OED to verify your identity, please visit the website referenced in the message, then click the green Verify with ID.me button.
- You will be redirected to an ID.me sign-in page, where you can sign in to your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Select and/or set up a multi-factor authentication option.
- Then, verify your identity by selecting either Answer questions about your credit history, Upload a photo of your driver's license or state ID, Upload a photo of your passport, or Upload a photo of your passport card.
- Follow the prompts to complete identity verification. (NOTE: If multiple identity verifications are unsuccessful, look for a Verify identity on a video call button to verify your identity with a Trusted Referee.)
- At the end of the process, be sure to click Allow to share your identity information with OED.
Note: If you verified your identity with a Trusted Referee:
- Return to the OED site.
- Log in to your OED account.
- Provide your ID.me credentials when prompted.
- Follow the steps for OED, then click to Allow them to use your verified identity information.
After identity verification is successful, OED will respond via mail or email within three business days about next steps with your claim. (If you have questions about your UI after successful identity verification, contact OED.)
For more on how to create your ID.me account and verify your identity, watch the video below.