ID.me has entered a partnership with the Missouri Division of Employment Security (DES) to verify your identity for unemployment insurance (UI) benefits.
To verify your identity:
- If you received notification from DES to verify your identity, please visit the website referenced in the message, then click the green Verify with ID.me button.
- You will be redirected to an ID.me sign-in page, where you can sign in to your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Select and/or set up a multi-factor authentication option.
- Then, verify your identity by selecting either Upload a photo of your driver's license or state ID, Upload a photo of your passport, or Upload a photo of your passport card.
- Follow the prompts to complete identity verification. (NOTE: If multiple identity verifications are unsuccessful, look for a Verify identity on a video call button to verify your identity with a Trusted Referee.)
- At the end of the process, be sure to click Allow to share your identity information with DES.
After identity verification is successful, DES will respond via mail or email within seven business days about next steps with your claim. (If you have questions about your UI after successful identity verification, contact DES.)
For more on how to create your ID.me account and verify your identity, watch the video below.