To verify your identity for Treasury account access, you'll need a smartphone (or other camera-enabled device with internet access), and an acceptable identity document (driver's license, state ID, passport, or passport card).
- Create your ID.me account, or sign in to your account if you already have one.
- Confirm your email address.
- Secure your account with multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Select which identity document you want to submit.
- Submit photos of your document (front and back when prompted).
- Take and submit a video selfie.
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Review and confirm your information.
- As you finish, be sure to click Allow and continue to complete the process and share your identity information with Treasury.