To verify your identity for Treasury account access, visit the Treasury's ID.me enrollment page.
You'll need a smartphone (or other camera-enabled device with internet access), and an acceptable identity document (driver's license, state ID, passport, or passport card).
- Create your ID.me account, or sign in to your account if you already have one
- Confirm your email address
- Secure your account with multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Select which identity document you want to submit
- Submit photos of your document
Remember to take a photo of the front and back when prompted
- Take and submit a video selfie
- Enter your Social Security number
- Review and confirm your information
- Select Allow and continue to complete the process and share your identity information with Treasury
For a printable PDF user guide, click here.