Claimants filing a new Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) claim will be required to verify their identity with ID.me as a step in the claims process.
- Click the green Verify with ID.me button.
- Follow the prompts to either log in to your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Confirm your email address.
- Select and set up the multi-factor authentication option of your choice.
- Next, choose the document you want to use to verify your identity: driver’s license, state ID, passport, or passport card.
- Follow the prompts to submit photos of your selected document. Click here for tips and best practices.
- When prompted, take and submit a selfie.
- Enter all other requested information, including your Social Security number.
- At the end of the process, be sure to click Allow and continue. This step shares your identity information with MDES and enables your PUA claim to continue.
NOTE: If your online identity verification attempt is unsuccessful, you may wish to use our Trusted Referee verification option. Look for the Verify identity on a video call button and follow the prompts. Click here to learn more.