After you finish identity verification, you’ll need to go to the NYS DOL website to file your claim.
File a claim and share your information with NYS DOL
- You’ll be redirected to the state’s website. If the redirect is unsuccessful, or if you verified with a Trusted Referee, return to the NYS DOL site and select File a Claim. Follow the prompts as if you were filing a new claim.
- Select Verify with ID.me and sign in to your existing account.
- Follow the prompts to continue your claim.
- When prompted, select Allow to share your identity information with NYS DOL.
Note: If you see a “Mismatched Information” error, follow the steps to fix this.
- Continue with filling and submitting your NYS DOL claim.
After you verify and submit your claim, no additional steps are required. PUA payments will be processed in 10-14 days. If there are any eligibility issues, NYS DOL will contact you. For more information, please contact NYS DOL.
If you verified with a Trusted Referee, finish your benefits application
Steps to complete your application for benefits if you verified your identity with a Trusted Referee:
- Return to the NYS DOL site.
- Log in to your NYS DOL account.
- Return to the “File a New Claim” process.
- Fill out the information requested.
- Provide your ID.me credentials when prompted.
- Follow the steps for NYS DOL, then select Allow so they can use your verified identity information.
- Finalize and submit your new claim.
"Mismatched Information" error
The last step of ID.me’s verification is to grant permission to share your information with your state’s unemployment agency. When the information the unemployment agency has on file is different from the information you gave to ID.me, you may receive a “Mismatched Information” error.
The most common mismatch error is related to an email address. Make sure the primary email address on your ID.me account matches the email address on your unemployment account. If needed, you can update your ID.me email address.
If your email address matches at both sites, you may need to update your mailing address or phone number at the state unemployment site.
To update your email address in your NYS DOL account:
- Visit New York’s Department of Labor page.
- Log in to your account.
- Select My Account Services to update your address, phone number and other information.
- If necessary, sign into your ID.me account and allow consent for the changes.
If you have more questions, contact NYS DOL.