When you complete identity verification, your next step is to return to the NYS DOL website, and continue your claim.
Steps to continue the verification process:
- You will be redirected to the state’s website. (NOTE: If the redirect is unsuccessful, or if you verified with a Trusted Referee, return to the NYS DOL site and select File a Claim. Follow the prompts as if you were filing a new claim.)
- Click the Verify with ID.me button and login to your existing account. You should be successfully redirected to your claim.
- Follow the prompts to continue your claim.
- When prompted, be sure to click Allow. This action shares your identity information with the state and enables the claim process to continue.
- Continue with filing and submitting your NYS DOL claim.
Steps to complete your application for benefits if you verified your identity with a Trusted Referee:
- Return to the NYS DOL site.
- Log in to your NYS DOL account.
- Return to the File a New Claim process.
- Fill out the information requested.
- Provide your ID.me credentials when prompted.
- Follow the steps for NYS DOL, then click to Allow them to use your verified identity information.
- Finalize and submit your new claim.