ID.me believes in “No Identity Left Behind.” We’re committed to creating a platform where anyone, regardless of racial background, income, language, or disability, is able to prove their identity online. We are continuously striving to improve product accessibility whenever possible.
ID.me’s product is built according to ADA, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, and Section 508 guidelines. This includes our identity verification workflow and video call backup procedures.
Visual and Hearing Impairment
- ID.me can be used by people with differing abilities, including visual impairments, hearing impairments, color blindness, and inability to use mice/pointing devices
- All of our end-user workflow guides are tagged and ADA-compliant for use in screen readers. Our end-user help videos have full closed-captioning in English and Spanish.
If necessary, members can verify with the support of a friend or family member. For more information on ID.me's helper requirements, please visit this help article.
Inclusivity for High-Level Verification
- Most people are fully verified using our self-service workflow in a matter of minutes, but if they can’t complete the self-service workflow, other options will be made available to verify their identity.
- All of our high-assurance verification is supported by our Trusted Referee service where you can verify your identity over video call with an ID.me trained specialist using legal documents. This ensures anyone looking to verify their identity is able to do so.
- If you don’t have internet access, you can complete the Trusted Referee verification process using a borrowed smartphone or any computer with a webcam at a public library.
- ID.me uses 1:1 face-matching technology, matching a person’s face to their government-issued ID, which removes any bias based on race or gender.
- ID.me is a completely free service for our members. We do not charge anyone for verifying their identity with us.
Click here to see which browsers are compatible with ID.me.
What language support does ID.me have?
ID.me supports multiple non-English languages. We are constantly working to add more language support for our products.
- ID.me’s product is available in both English and Spanish, and we offer full verification support for Spanish speakers, including video call verification. We have created several help pages targeted at Spanish users and continue to add more customized Spanish content for our users.
- Video calls are also offered in additional languages, including French, Arabic, Urdu, Mandarin, Somali, and American Sign Language. During calls, you can request a Trusted Referee that speaks your language. ID.me continues to hire multilingual support in other languages so we can further meet the needs of our members.
- You can also have family members or friends help out with translation during the video call with a Trusted Referee.
ID.me is proud to have a platform that welcomes anyone from all backgrounds to verify their identity.