ID.me has partnered with the state of Louisiana to help verify your identity for unemployment insurance.
To verify your identity:
- Click the green Verify with ID.me button.
- Follow the prompts to either open your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Confirm your email address.
- Select and/or set up a multi-factor authentication option.
- Then, verify your identity by selecting either Upload a photo of your driver's license or state ID, Upload a photo of your passport, or Upload a photo of your passport card.
- When prompted, take and submit a selfie.
- Enter all other requested information, including your Social Security number.
- At the end of the process, be sure to click Allow. This step shares your identity information with the Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) and enables you to continue with your claim.
Note: If you verified your identity on a video call with a Trusted Referee:
- Return to the LWC’s HiRE website.
- Restart the claims filing process and enter your ID.me credentials when prompted
- Click Allow to share your information with LWC to complete the process.
After you have verified your identity, you can continue filing your claim for unemployment benefits.
For more on how to create your ID.me account and verify your identity, watch the video below.