During the identity verification process, you will sometimes be asked to take a selfie (a photo of your face). This article covers the steps you can follow to submit a selfie to ID.me, as well as information for troubleshooting your selfie submission.
Take a selfie
To take and submit a selfie with a computer and a webcam:
- Select the Take a selfie with my webcam button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Start video selfie.
- Select Allow access to allow ID.me to use your computer's webcam.
Note: Can't grant access to your webcam? Visit How do I grant permission to use my device’s camera?
- Select Scan my face then stay within the camera’s circle to let your computer's webcam scan your face for the video selfie.
- After your selfie is successfully submitted, continue with the verification process.
If your selfie submission was rejected, you can retry using selfie best practices. If ID.me is unable to capture your selfie after multiple attempts, you will see “Unable To Capture Your Selfie”.
To finish submitting your selfie:
- Select Continue and enter additional information.
- After completing the rest of the Self-Service steps, select Join video call.
Note: Once you see this screen, you can return to complete your video call at any time. If you cannot connect to your video call, you will also receive an email to return at your convenience.
- After you finish your video call, ID.me will send you an email with important next steps to complete the verification process. Be sure to follow the steps carefully to complete your verification.