To verify your Public Benefits Recipient status, you must sign in to your Cox account, create or sign in to your ID.me account, then enter your information and upload the required documents. If the personal information in your Cox account doesn’t match the information in your ID.me account, you’ll see a “We couldn’t match your ID.me and Cox accounts” error message. This article explains how to fix this error.
Below is the error message you’ll see if your Cox account information doesn’t match the information in your ID.me account.
Fix the error
To fix the error, review the scenarios below to find what next steps to take.
Cox account owner – Sign in and verify
If someone else originally set up the Cox account for your household, they should sign in to their Cox account and verify using their own ID.me account. After you know who created the Cox account for your household, they must:
- Go to the Cox ACP Program site and sign in to their Cox account.
- Create or sign in to their ID.me account.
- Follow the steps to verify their Public Benefits Recipient status.
Update your legal name if it recently changed
Ensure you’re using your current, legal name in both your Cox and ID.me accounts. You may have recently changed your last name due to marriage or a legal name change. Follow the steps below to make changes to either account:
- Cox: Chat with Cox Support or call them at (800) 234-3993.
- ID.me: Submit a request to make an update to your legal name.