The Hawaii Department of Health (DOH) works with ID.me to create a highly secure identity verification process that ensures you, and only you, will be able to access your Hawaii SMART Health Card. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for Hawaii DOH.
About the verification process
The ID.me next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Get a SMART Health Card
To get started:
- Start at the Hawaii DOH site and go to the SMART Health Card page.
- Select Sign in with ID.me or Create an account. If you have an ID.me account, sign in using your email address and password.
To create an ID.me account, enter your email address and password, confirm your email address, and set up multi-factor authentication.
2. Verify your identity
After you’re signed in to your ID.me account, you will be asked to verify your identity. You can use the Self-Service verification method to verify your identity for Hawaii DOH. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits.
If you have trouble verifying your identity with Self-Service, you may need to verify by uploading additional documents and joining a video call.
After you verify
After you verify your ID.me account with Hawaii DOH, select Allow to give ID.me permission to share your information with Hawaii DOH. After ID.me shares your verified information with the DOH, it may take them a few business days to find your Health Card.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
They can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting them:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners