If you received an error message stating that ID.me was unable to verify your military affiliation based on your USAA member information it is likely due to one of the following reasons:
- Your USAA membership type does not allow you to access the Property & Casualty Insurance. (This often applies to individuals who are only authorized for USAA banking products.)
- You are using a different name than the one associated with your USAA account. The first and last name must be entered the same way that your name is spelled in your USAA account. (legal name vs. nickname / maiden name vs. married name / Spaces or No Spaces).
- You mis-typed some of your information. The information entered must match what USAA has on file for your account.
- You are not the primary on the account.
- You are not a USAA (United Services Automobile Association) member.
If you feel the message you received was incorrect, please contact USAA customer service and confirm that you are eligible to use their full suite of insurance products.
United Services Automobile Association (USAA) was founded in 1922 when 25 Army officers met in San Antonio, Texas, and decided to insure each other's vehicles. Over the past 91 years, USAA has grown into a fully integrated financial services organization, providing insurance, banking, investment, and retirement products and services to more than 9.9 million current and former members of the U.S. military and their families. USAA has formed a relationship with ID.me to allow members to use their USAA membership to verify their military service.