Ouur military offers are available to all members of the armed forces, and ID.me can verify your service via your DD214. If you do not have a digital copy of your DD214 you will want to try the "Check military service records" verification option first and if that option is not successful you will have an option to allow ID.me to request your DD214.
1) Sign in or Sign up for your ID.me account.
2) Click on "Manage ID" from the dashboard page.
3) Select add under the "Military" verification option.
5) Choose the "Check military service records option". If your verification fails and you do not have a copy of your DD214 you can authorize ID.me to obtain your DD214 on your behalf using the instructions below.
4) Choose the "Request your DD214" verification option from the above screen.
5) Choose the affiliation that best fits your current status. Fill out all of the fields, check the boxes below the fields.
6) Check the three boxes that allow the release of your DD214 to ID.me. Once all fields are complete, sign the document on the signature line at the bottom of the page.
If you don't have a touchscreen computer, you will need to use your mouse as a pen and sign the document. You hold down the left side of the mouse or touchpad and it will turn your mouse into a pen so that you can digitally sign the request. Click "Continue."
At this point, your DD214 request form will be submitted for review. If your request is unable to be processed you will receive a follow-up email with further instructions on how to verify your ID.me account.