To verify your Military status without a digital copy of your DD214:
1. Visit your ID.me My Account page.
2. Look for the My IDs section and click Manage IDs.
3. Look for the Military card below, and click Add.
4. Select the Check military service records option.
5. If your verification is unsuccessful, your screen will look like the one below.
6. Click Request your DD214.
7. Choose the affiliation that best fits your current status, then complete the rest of the form.
8. Be sure to sign the form above, either via your touchscreen, or "click and hold" your mouse's left button and sign.
9. After you have signed, click Continue.
At this point, your DD214 request form will be submitted for review. If your request cannot be processed, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to verify your status.