To verify your Military status without a digital copy of your DD214:
1. Visit your ID.me My Account page.
2. Look for the My IDs section and click Manage IDs.
3. Look for the Military card below, and click Add.
4. Select the Check military service records option.
5. If your verification is unsuccessful, click Request your DD214, then enter all required personal information.
6. Next, complete the fields about your Most Recent Service Period.
7. At the bottom of the form, read the Authorization statements, then click the checkboxes. Sign the form in the area provided. (If you do not have a touchscreen, you may need to use your mouse to 'click and drag' to sign). After you have signed the form, click Continue.
At this point, your DD214 request form will be submitted for review. If your request cannot be processed, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to verify your status.