To earn cash back, the following events must occur, in order:
- Log in to your ID.me account.
- Go to the ID.me Marketplace.
- Link to a participating merchant from the page we host for them.
- Add items to your cart.
- Complete your transaction.
The following will PREVENT cash back from being earned:
- Not logging in to your ID.me account.
- Going directly to the merchant's webpage rather than linking from the ID.me Marketplace.
- Preloading your cart (loading your cart prior to the cash back click you make in order to check out).
- Typing in a new address (URL) in the window opened by ID.me Marketplace.
- Clicking on any "special offers" or toolbars from other sites while shopping.
- Allowing too much time to elapse between link and completing purchase. Merchants are limited in the time they'll remember us, waiting hours, days, or weeks is not recommended, even if you leave the original window open.
- Having cookies disabled during any part of the shopping process.
- Navigating away from the page you were directed to from the ID.me Marketplace without returning to the ID.me Marketplace.
- Contacting the merchant to initiate a change after the order has been placed - even a shipping detail or payment method change can alter the transaction enough to remove ID.me’s referral reward.
If in doubt, return to ID.me and navigate to the partner’s website from a link within the ID.me Marketplace.
If you have questions about specific merchants or cash back procedures, please let us know through a Member Support Request. We'll do our best to help you get an answer before you make a shopping decision.