To earn cash back, the following events must occur, in order:
- Log in to your ID.me account.
- Go to the ID.me Shop.
- Click a link to a cash back offer or discount on the ID.me Shop
- Add items to your cart.
- Complete your transaction.
The following will PREVENT cash back from being earned:
- Not logging in to your ID.me account.
- Going directly to the retailer's webpage rather than clicking through from the ID.me Shop.
- Adding items to your shopping cart prior to clicking the offer on ID.me Shop.
- Typing in a new web address (URL) in the browser window opened by ID.me Shop.
- Clicking on any "special offers" or toolbars from other sites while shopping.
- Allowing too much time to elapse between clicking the link and completing the purchase. Retailers are limited in the time they'll remember us. Waiting hours, days, or weeks to finish your purchase is not recommended, even if you leave the original window open.
- Having cookies disabled during any part of the shopping process.
- Navigating away from the page you were directed to from the ID.me Shop without returning to the ID.me Shop.
- Contacting the merchant to initiate a change after the order has been placed. Even a shipping detail or payment method change can alter the transaction enough to remove ID.me’s referral reward.
If in doubt, return to ID.me and navigate to the retailer’s website from a link within the ID.me Shop.
If you have questions about specific retailers or cash back procedures, please contact our member support team.