Surviving spouses are eligible for Troop ID. However, additional documentation may be required to verify a surviving spouse’s military affiliation and whether or not their spouse is in fact deceased.
1) Create an account by clicking the green "Sign Up for Free" button on the ID.me homepage.
2) Select "Add ID" then click on the red "Troop ID" button.
This will display all military verification methods.
3) Select the verify by "Upload Military Document" option.
If you have a Uniformed Services ID card, we recommend using a digital photo of the front of that card to verify your military status.
4) Open the drop-down menu and choose "Military Spouse." Enter the personal information requested.
In all of the fields where it requests personal information, you will enter only your information (First Name, Last Name, DOB, and SSN). That will mean that you will enter your First Name, Last Name, and DOB twice.
5) Once you have submitted all the information, click continue to proceed to the document upload page.
To prepare for this step, have the document saved on your computer either by scanning it or taking a digital picture of it. Choose the type of document you are submitting from the drop down menu.
Click "Choose File" and find the file you scanned or uploaded into your computer. Click on the file you scanned, then click open. Click "Continue."
When you click "Continue," your document will be submitted to for verification. If the document is verified, you'll be able to access military offers immediately. If the document has been denied, you'll receive an email from us explaining what to do next.