If you get a message on the ID.me site that tells you that your identity couldn’t be verified, it simply means that we couldn’t match all of the information you provided with the information available in the electronic records we use for verification. It does not mean that we will not be able to verify your identity, but that we need to take some additional steps to do so.
Some reasons why you may not be able to pass ID proofing include, but are not limited to:
- If you have moved within the last year
- If you have a locked or frozen credit report
- If there is erroneous information in your credit file
- If you already have verified your identity with ID.me
- If the information entered is incorrect or mistyped
If you continue to fail the identity proofing process, we recommend you check your official records to make sure the information you are entering is accurate and typed correctly.