The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) works with ID.me to verify people applying for Medicaid and accessing services online. ID.me provides secure digital identity verification to government agencies and other partners to make sure you are you—and not someone pretending to be you. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for SCDHHS.
Select a tab that aligns with your status—whether you already have an ID.me account or are creating an ID.me account for the first time—for complete instructions.
If you are an existing ID.me member, do not create another account. Instead, sign in to SCDHHS at apply.scdhhs.gov and consent to share your verified identity information.
Sign in and share your information
To complete the process, you must consent to share your information with SCDHHS:
- Go to the DHHS Client Portal and select Login.
- Select Sign in with ID.me, sign in with your ID.me account and complete multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- If required, follow the prompts to provide any additional information.
- From the Authorize screen, review the information that SCDHHS will receive and then select Allow to consent to share that information with them.
If you do not have an ID.me account, you must create an account using your personal email, set up Multi-Factor Authentication, verify your identity, and then consent to share your identity information with SCDHHS to access their site. You only need to verify your identity once—then you can use your ID.me log in at SCDHHS and anywhere else ID.me is accepted.
For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for SCDHHS.
Who to contact for support
Who you need to contact for help depends on if you completed the verification process or not.
ID.me can help if you have trouble with the identity verification process. Common issues include:
- Account sign-in issues
- Uploading identification documents or selfies
- Fixing documents that were rejected
They can best help with questions and next steps after you complete the verification process. For example, you may have questions about benefits or services you verified for. Before contacting them:
- Confirm your verification was successful
- Confirm you shared your information with the partner
- Review our best practices and sample messages of how to request help from ID.me partners