There are several situations that may cause your verification attempt to be denied prior to uploading a document:
- Your credit profile has been frozen either voluntarily, precautionary, or as a result of your identity being compromised (see below for more information).
- Some or all of the information you entered matches an identity that already exists in our system.
- The document you uploaded already exists in our system and is being flagged as a duplicate.
- Some or all of the information you entered did not match what is on the official record.
- Some or all of the information you entered was entered incorrectly.
- You have moved within the last year.
- There is erroneous information in your credit file.
Any of the situations listed above could be the reason for denial. If you are encountering issues verifying your identity, please contact us and our Member Support Team will be happy to assist you.
In the event that you find that the information in your credit report is frozen or incorrect, you'll need to contact Experian to correct the information and then verify again once the data has been updated. The contact information can be found at the top of your Experian credit report. For more information, please visit Experian's FAQ page.