If you have verified your Military status but were assigned to the incorrect subgroup (for example, Veteran vs. Service Member), you can update your affiliation.
Steps to update your Military status:
- Sign in to your ID.me My Account page.
- Look for the "My IDs" section, and select Manage IDs.
- Select to expand your Military card.
- Select Reverify ID.
Follow the prompts to update your status. We recommend using the Upload Military Documentation option and uploading one of the following documents.
- Service Members should use a Leave & Earning Statement (LES) issued within the last 30 days, or Current Orders (for activated National Guard or Reserve members) that show your activation dates.
- Retirees should use a DD214 or NGB form 22 that clearly shows your retirement status or 20+ years of service, Uniformed Services ID Card, a Retiree Pay Statement, or proof of medical retirement.