If you have verified your Military status, but were assigned to the incorrect subgroup (for example, Veteran vs. Service Member), you can update your affiliation.
Steps to update your Military status:
- Sign into your ID.me My Account page.
- Look for the My IDs section, and click Manage IDs.
- Click to expand your Military card.
- Click Reverify ID.
Follow the prompts to update your status. We recommend using the Upload Military Documentation option, and upload one of the following documents.
- Service Members should use a Leave & Earning Statement (LES) issued within the last 30 days; or Current Orders (for activated National Guard or Reserve members) that shows your activation dates.
- Retirees should use a DD214 or NGB form 22 that clearly shows your retirement status or 20+ years of service, Uniformed Services ID Card, a Retiree Pay Statement, or proof of medical retirement.
After your affiliation is updated, you may need to clear your cookies and browsing history in order to access some offers.
For additional assistance, please contact our Member Support team. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
NOTE: We are unable to verify two family members in the same ID.me account. These instructions should only be used by the person who is currently verified in the status you wish to update.