When you sign in to the VA website you will see an option to update your 2-factor authentication settings at the bottom of the "COMPLETE YOUR SIGN IN" screen.
1. Select "update your settings here" and proceed to the next screen.
2. You can securely update your current 2-factor authentication settings or enroll in a new method in 3 easy steps. Select continue to complete the 3 steps below:
- Confirm your email address
- Confirm personal information
- Update 2-factor authentication settings
3. After selecting continue on the previous page you will automatically be sent and email to confirm your email address. In a different window or new tab in your browser, check your email inbox and spam folders for an email from email@example.com with the subject "Your ID.me account confirmation code." Open the email and click on the "Confirm your email" link to confirm your email address OR copy and past the link provided in the email to confirm your email address. Once that is completed return to the ID.me window to continue to the next step.
4. Next you will verify your identity information. Once that information is verified and you have received confirmation that your identity has been verified. Select "Continue" to proceed to the next screen.
5. Next you will secure your account by entering a new phone number, updating the settings for the phone number currently in your ID.me account, or by choosing a new 2-factor authentication method. Select your method, enter the required information, and then select "Continue" to complete your update.