You will need to update your 2FA phone number if our system recognizes a change in the ownership for your phone; this can happen if you recently deactivated your phone, upgraded your phone, or changed phone providers.
ID.me has a self-service process that will allow you to update your phone number online using the instructions below.
1. Go to the partner website and select "Sign In".
2. Select one of the following options to sign into your ID.me account.
3. After you sign into your account you will be prompted to receive your six digit code via text or phone.
4. On this page you will see the following note at the bottom of the pop-up window: "If you’ve changed phone numbers or carriers from when you previously set up 2-factor authentication, please update your settings here."
5. Select "update your settings here" and proceed to the next screen.
6. You can securely update your current 2-factor authentication settings or enroll in a new method in 3 easy steps. Select continue to complete the 3 steps below:
- Confirm your email address
- Confirm personal information
- Update 2-factor authentication settings
6. You will be notified to confirm your email. After selecting continue on the previous page you will automatically be sent and email to confirm your email address. In a different window or new tab in your browser, check your email inbox and spam folders for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Your ID.me account confirmation code." Open the email and click on the "Confirm your email" link to confirm your email address OR copy and past the link provided in the email to confirm your email address. Once that is completed return to the ID.me window to continue to the next step.
7. You will then complete a soft identity verification to confirm you are the account holder. Note: If your identity cannot be verified you will receive a "Something went wrong" error message and the option to "Retry" the verification.
8. Once that is completed you will receive a "Your identity has been verified" confirmation; you will select "Continue" to proceed to update your 2-factor Authentication method.
9. Choose one of the five 2-factor authentication methods.
10. Complete your 2-factor authentication setup. NOTE: Some 2FA options are not available for EPCS access.
11. Once the set-up is completed you will receive a "Your account is now secure" to confirm the update has been completed.