When you select Push Notification as your multi-factor authentication (MFA) method, you download an app that sends you a push notification to tap when you sign in to your ID.me account.
To set up Push Notification for MFA:
2. On the screen below, choose how you wish to download the ID.me Authenticator app: Text Message or Email, then Continue.
3. After you make your selection, your screen will look like the one below. Note that you have 15 minutes to complete the download and set-up process.
4. If you selected Text Message, enter your phone number. You will receive a text message with a link. Click the link to download the app.
If you selected Email, download the app by clicking the appropriate button in the email message.
5. Complete the download and install process, and at the end, be sure to Allow the app to send push notifications.
When the download is complete, a sign-in request will be shown at the top of the page. Open the request and select Yes on the screen below to complete set-up.
To sign in to your account after Push Notification MFA is set up:
1. Sign in to your ID.me My Account page.
2. During the sign-in process, you will receive a push notification from the ID.me Authenticator app like the one below. Tap sign in request.
3. The ID.me Authenticator app is launched. Tap Login Request.
4. Tap Yes to approve your sign-in.
NOTE: If you wish to use the ID.me Authenticator as a code generator for MFA, please review our Code Generator Application Support article.