If you get a message that tells you that your identity couldn’t be verified, it simply means that we couldn’t match all of the information you provided with the information available in the electronic records we use for verification. It does not mean that we will not be able to verify your identity. You may complete the verification process through Virtual In-Person identity proofing or email help@ID.me for support.
There are many reasons you may not be able to pass identity proofing:
- You have moved within the last year
- You have a locked or frozen credit report
- There is erroneous information in your credit file
- You already have verified your identity with ID.me
- The information entered is incorrect or mistyped
- You may have input a phone number that is not tied to your name and personal address
If you continue to fail the identity proofing process, we recommend you check your official records to make sure the information you are entering is accurate and typed correctly.