If your Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances (EPCS) or ePrescribing (eRx) provider has authorized ID.me to verify your identity by uploading a document like a passport, passport card, driver’s license, or state ID, your screen will look like the one below.
Select either Take photo with your phone or Upload photo from your computer.
If you select Upload photo from your computer, simply follow the prompts to locate a scanned image or digital photo of your document on your computer, and upload it.
If you select Take photo with your phone:
- First, enter your mobile phone number and click Continue.
- You will receive a text message. Click the link.
- Use your phone to take a picture of your document, then Submit photo. For tips on taking a good photo, click here.
Regardless of which option you used to upload your document, return to your computer to complete the verification process.
- Verify your personal information.
- When prompted, enter your phone number. (If you are enrolled in multi-factor authentication, the phone number will be pre-filled.)
- Enter your current home address, and Social Security number.
- Review the summary that is displayed. (Click Edit to make any changes.) If everything is correct, click to accept the FCRA attestation, then click Yes.
If identity verification is successful, you will be asked to release specific information from your account to your healthcare IT provider. Click Allow and continue, to complete the process and return to your healthcare IT provider's page. (If you click Deny, your data is not released, and you may be unable to access the partner's information or service.)