When you select Push Notification as a multi-factor authentication (MFA) method, you will download and install a separate app (like ID.me Authenticator).
Then, in order to sign in to your ID.me account, you will tap on a text message to approve the sign-in.
To set up Push Notification for MFA:
1. On the screen below, select Push Notification.
2. Follow the prompts to download and install the ID.me Authenticator app. (For detailed download instructions, click here.)
3. When completing installation, be sure to select Allow on the screen below. (You have 15 minutes to complete the download and installation.)
4. When installation is complete, a sign-in request will be shown at the top of the page. Open the request, and tap Yes on the screen below to complete set-up.
To sign in to your ID.me account with Push Notification MFA:
1. Begin the sign-in process with your email address and password.
2. Tap the push notification below when it is displayed.
3. Tap Login Request.
4. Tap Yes to complete the sign-in process.
(NOTE: You can also use the ID.me Authenticator app to generate a 6-digit code that you enter as part of MFA. Check this article for more information.)