If your online identity verification attempt is unsuccessful, you may be prompted to use our Trusted Referee process. Trusted Referees are trained and certified to guide you through the identity proofing process via a video call.
- When your identity verification attempt is unsuccessful, look for the Verify identity on a video call button. (Trusted Referees are available from 7:30am to midnight, 7 days a week.)
- You will be asked to confirm your pre-populated personal information
- Then select and upload digital copies of acceptable documentation.
- Next, we will send a text link to your mobile phone. Click the link to take and submit a selfie.
- Follow the prompts to select either Zoom, Google Meet, or FaceTime for your video call.
- Keep the physical copies of your identity documents on hand to present during your Trusted Referee session.
Confirm your personal information with the Trusted Referee and show them your documents. The Trusted Referee will attest the authenticity of your documents to verify your identity.