If you served prior to 1985, you do qualify for the military discounts with ID.me. We recommend using the "Upload military documentation" option to verify your military service.
You must provide a copy of your military document; some examples of which are listed below:
- NGB form 22
- Leave & Earnings Statement (LES)
- Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC)
- Veteran Identification Card (VIC)
To submit a document for verification of your Troop ID account, you'll need to do the following:
1. Sign into your ID.me Wallet.
2. From your ID.me Dashboard select "Manage ID's" under the "My IDs" section:
3. Click "Add" under MILITARY.
4. Choose the "Upload military documentation" option when presented with our list of verification options.
5. Select "Begin".
6. Open the drop-down menu and choose your military affiliation.
7. Enter the requested personal information and click on "Continue".
8. Once your personal information has been verified you will choose the type of document you are submitting. By this point, you'll need to have the document saved on your computer either by scanning it or taking a digital picture of it.
9. Click "Choose File" and find the file you scanned into your computer.
10. Click on the file you scanned, then click open.
11. Click "Continue".
IMPORTANT: When you click "Continue", your document will be submitted to for verification. If the document you submitted is verified, you'll be able to access the offer you are looking for immediately. If the document has been denied, you'll receive an email from us explaining what to do next.
NOTE: Documents are processed in the order that they are received 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.