You can manage emails associated with your ID.me account by clicking “Manage Email” from the “My Profile” tile that is located on the top left quadrant of your ID.me “My Account” dashboard. You can also access it by clicking on “Profile” from the top navigation menu bar as shown below.
The email used to create or connect your ID.me account will be displayed as shown below.
If you have another email that you would like to associate with your ID.me account, you can do so by clicking on the “Add email” button. After you add a new email, you’ll need to verify that email, as outlined in the steps below. You can add several emails to your ID.me account. Once you have added and verified additional emails, you will have the option to sign in to your ID.me account using any of your verified email addresses. You can designate one of your verified emails as primary, which would become the recipient of future communications and notifications.
Note: A verified email address, regardless of whether or not it has been designated as Primary can only be associated with one ID.me account.
Steps to add additional emails to your ID.me account.
- Sign into your ID.me “My Account” directly or by clicking “sign in” from the ID.me homepage.
- Navigate to the “Manage Email” section within your account “profile”
- Click on the “Add Email” button
- Enter a new email address that you would like to associate with your ID.me account.
- Click on the “Send Verification” button. You will see a “not verified” label attached to this new email which will be visible until you have completed verifying this email. You can click on “Resend Verification” if needed.
- Check your email inbox and spam folders for an email from email@example.com with the subject line “ID.me – Please confirm your email address”. Open the email and click the "Confirm your email" link OR copy and paste the link provided in the email to confirm your newly added email address.
- If it has been more than 30 minutes, you've checked your spam/junk email folders, and you still have not received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your email address, it could be that the email account servers are blocking the email from being delivered to your email address completely. In this case, please "Submit a request" for assistance making sure to note the email address originally used to create your ID.me account for further assistance.
- Once you verify your email, you can click “Go to Profile” as shown below to return to your ID.me My Account.