To verify as a surviving spouse, be sure to have scanned copies or digital photos of the following document(s) before you begin:
Service Member - If your spouse passed away while still serving, please provide:
- Dependent ID Card, or
- Casualty Report (DD Form 1300)
Retiree - If your spouse was retired from the military, please provide:
- Dependent ID Card
Veteran - If your spouse passed away after discharge, please provide:
- DD214, or
- NGB form 22, or
- VA Eligibility Letter (if you are receiving VA benefits)
To verify as a Military surviving spouse:
- Sign into your ID.me My Account page.
- On the Overview tab, look for the My IDs section, and click Manage IDs.
- Either click your existing Military card, or click Add, if this is your first verification.
- Click Verify by uploading documentation.
- Choose your military affiliation (Service Member, Retiree, or Veteran), based on your spouse's military affiliation at the time they passed away.
- Enter your personal information requested. (NOTE: In these fields, enter your information, not your spouse's.)
- Click Continue.
- Click Choose File and find the scanned file or digital photo of the appropriate document, then click Open.
- Click Verify Now.
As soon as your document is verified, you'll be able to immediately access Military offers.
Please contact Member Support if you have further questions.