If ID.me detects a change in your phone service (for example, if you deactivate or upgrade your phone, or change phone providers), your multi-factor authentication (MFA) settings may need to be updated.
To update your MFA settings:
1. Visit the California DMV website and sign in with your ID.me account.
2. During sign-in, when you see the screen below, do not click Continue. Instead, click the update your settings here link, at the bottom of the screen.
3. Read about how to update your MFA settings on the screen below, then click Continue.
4. In a different window or new tab in your browser, check your email for a message from email@example.com, with the subject line ID.me - Confirm your email to update multi-factor settings. (You may need to check your spam and junk folders.)
5. Open the email and click the Confirm your email button. (Or copy and paste the 6-digit code as directed.)
6. If confirmation was successful, return to the ID.me sign-in window, and follow the prompts to verify your identity information. If identity verification is successful, your screen will look like this. Click Continue.
You can now follow the prompts on the screen below to select and set up your preferred MFA option with your new phone information.