One of the following documents can be provided for evidence of your identity:
- Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card
- Original or Certified copy of U.S birth certificate (issued by a city, county, or state vital statistics office). “Abbreviated” or “Abstract” certificates are NOT accepted
- U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad or Consular Report of Birth Abroad of U.S. Citizen
- Unexpired foreign passport with valid U.S. Visa and approved I-94 form
- Certified copy of birth certificate from a U.S. Territory
- Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card
- Valid, unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Card (I-766) or valid/expired EAD Card with Notice of Action (I-797 C)
- Valid/expired Permanent Resident Card with Notice of Action (I-797 C) or Approval Notice (I-797)
- Unexpired foreign passport stamped “Processed for I-551”
- Documents reflecting TPS benefit eligibility
Note: The list of acceptable documents can be found by clicking here.
Note: The California DMV’s interactive REAL ID document checklist can be found by clicking here.