If our system recognizes a change in the ownership for your phone, you will need to update your multi-factor authentication (MFA) / two-factor authentication (2FA) phone number within your ID.me Account.
Our system may recognize a change in the ownership of your phone under any of the following conditions (not all inclusive):
- phone deactivation
- phone upgrade
- change of phone provider
- your phone is lost and stolen and you get a new phone
ID.me has a self-service process that will allow you to update your phone number for your MFA / 2FA online using the instructions below.
1. Go to ID.me select "My Account" in the upper right hand corner of the page and "Sign In" to your ID.me account.
2. After you sign into your account, select "Sign In & Security". You will be automatically prompted to complete your sign in using the ID.me Authenticator App.
3. On this page you will see the following note at the bottom of the pop-up window:
4. Select "update your settings here" and proceed to the next screen.
- Confirm your email address
- Confirm personal information
- Update 2FA settings
6. You will be notified to confirm your email. After selecting continue on the previous page you will automatically be sent and email to confirm your email address. In a different window please check your inbox and find the confirmation email we've sent you. This email's subject line will read, "ID.me - Please Confirm Your Email." Open the email and click the "Confirm your email" button OR copy and paste the 6-digit code provided in the email to confirm your email address. If you choose to copy and paste the code you will need to return to the ID.me window and paste (or manually enter) the code into the box provided. Once that is completed return to the ID.me window to continue to the next step.
Note: If you cannot find the email within your Inbox, please check your Spam folder. It can take up to 10 minutes to receive this email.
7. You will then complete a soft identity verification to confirm you are the account holder.
Note: If your identity cannot be verified you will receive a "Something went wrong" error message and the option to "Retry" the verification. If you continue to have issues please reach out to iPrescribe support.
8. You will receive a "Your identity has been verified" confirmation when successful; you will select "Continue" to proceed to update your 2FA.
9. Complete your new 2-factor authentication setup.
10. Once the set-up is completed you will receive a "Your account is now secure" to confirm the update has been completed.