Verify your medical status to access exclusive discounts in ID.me Shop. If you don’t have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), you must upload acceptable medical documents to get verified. This article explains how to verify your medical status if you don’t have an NPI.
To learn which medical provider job titles are eligible and not eligible, visit Medical eligibility.
If you are not eligible to verify your medical status, but work at a hospital, verify your status by following the steps in Verifying your hospital employee status.
Some partners may require nurses to complete a medical provider verification to access certain discounts. If you are a nurse, you can verify as both a medical provider and a nurse. For nurse verification steps, visit Verifying your nurse status.
1. Go to ID.me Shop
To get started:
- Go to the ID.me Shop Medical discounts page or search for discounts. Make sure to filter for medical discounts only.
- Browse the offers and stores that offer medical discounts. Each store will show how much their discount is.
- When you find a discount you’d like to use, select Unlock to Save or Shop Now. You’ll be redirected to the partner’s website.
- When prompted, select Verify with ID.me. This displays most often at checkout. You may need to also select that you are verifying your medical provider status. You will be redirected to the ID.me sign in page.
2. Verify your medical status
To verify your medical status without an NPI:
- Sign in to your ID.me account if you already have one. If you don’t have an account select Create an ID.me account, then confirm your email address.
- Select Upload a Medical Document to verify by uploading a medical document.
- Select Begin.
- Enter your personal information, then select Continue. Review the acceptable documents to verify medical status.
Tip: If you are a nurse, from the “Provider Type” dropdown, select Nurse, select I do not have an NPI number, then select Continue. Choose the state you’re licensed in and enter your nurse license number. You may be prompted to upload documentation.
- Select a document type, then select Choose file and select the file from your device. Select Continue to upload and submit your document.
After you are verified, you must consent to sharing your verified status information with the retailer or brand.
If your verification isn’t approved, select Retry verification to start again. Make sure:
- You enter your information correctly.
- The document type you choose matches the document you upload.
- You upload an acceptable verification document and follow our document best practices.
For more help verifying your medical status, visit Troubleshooting medical verification.
My discount isn’t working
If the medical discount you tried to use isn’t working, visit I'm having trouble getting a discount.