ID.me has partnered with the state of Nevada's Department of Employment, Training, and Rehabilitation (DETR) to help verify your identity for a new claim for unemployment insurance (UI).
To verify your identity if you have a new or existing UI claim:
- You should have received a message from DETR directing you to a URL to verify your identity with ID.me.
- You will be redirected to the ID.me sign-in page, where you can sign in to your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Confirm your email address.
- Select and/or set up a multi-factor authentication option.
- Then, verify your identity by selecting either Upload a photo of your driver's license or state ID, Upload a photo of your passport, or Upload a photo of your passport card.
- When prompted, take and submit a selfie.
- Enter all other requested information, including your Social Security number.
- At the end of the process, be sure to click Allow and continue. This step shares your identity information with the DETR and enables you to continue with your claim.
Note: If you verified your identity with a Trusted Referee:
- Return to the Nevada DETR site.
- Log in to your Nevada DETR account.
- Provide your ID.me credentials when prompted.
- Follow the steps for Nevada DETR, then click to Allow them to use your verified identity information.
After you have verified your identity, Nevada's DETR will reach out to you directly within 5-7 business days if anything further is required. (Click here for DETR contact information.)
For more on how to create your ID.me account and verify your identity, watch the video below.