To verify your identity, visit the Social Security login page and select the Sign in with ID.me button as shown on the screen below.
To verify your identity with ID.me, you'll need:
- A smartphone (or other camera-enabled device with internet access), and
- An acceptable identity document (Driver's license, State ID, Passport, or Passport Card).
Steps to verify your identity:
- Create your ID.me account, or sign in to your account if you already have one.
- Confirm your email address.
- Secure your account with multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Select which identity document you want to submit.
- Submit photos of your document (front and back when prompted).
- Take and submit a video selfie.
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Review and confirm your information.
- As you finish, be sure to select Allow and continue to complete the process and share your identity information with the Social Security Administration.
You may also download a PDF user guide for these steps.