Appointments with Video Chat Agents (also known as Trusted Referees) are available on a limited basis, determined by ID.me Member Support teams. If an appointment isn’t available while you’re verifying, you can pause the process and come back later. This article explains how to finish your verification process if you need to come back at a later time.
Keep in mind:
- ID.me Video Chat Agents are available 24 hours a day.
- Video Chat Agents take video calls on a first come, first serve basis. This determines your waiting time.
- If you choose to verify at a later time, you’ll lose your place in line. When you return, you will be at the back of the queue.
Finish your verification at a later time
After you have entered your personal information and uploaded documents to verify with an ID.me Video Chat Agent, you’ll receive an email from ID.me inviting you to join a video call with an ID.me Video Chat Agent or Trusted Referee.To verify at a later time and save your progress:
- Go to the email inviting you to join a video call.
- Select Check in now to be redirected to the screen below.
- Select Save & Exit, and you will receive a link via email to return to your video call at a more convenient time.