To verify your identity and receive unemployment benefits:
- Log in to your Uplink account at the DWD's unemployment portal.
- You should see a task on your claimant home page that says Identity Verification Needed.
- Follow the prompts and click the green Verify with ID.me button, where you can sign in to your existing ID.me account, or create a new one.
- Select and/or set up a multi-factor authentication option.
- Then, verify your identity by selecting either Upload a photo of your driver's license or state ID, Upload a photo of your passport, or Upload a photo of your passport card.
- Follow the prompts to complete identity verification.
- When prompted, be sure to click Allow to share your information with DWD. Click here for more details.
Once your identity has been successfully verified online and matches the records on file at Indiana DWD, Indiana DWD can move forward with any other issues that may be holding up benefits.
Continue to check your Uplink account regularly for the most current status. Please visit unemployment.in.gov to log into your account.
For more on how to create your ID.me account and verify your identity, watch the video below.