The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) works with ID.me to verify your identity for emergency rental assistance benefits. Users who visit Arizona DES’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) portal will be required to verify their identity in order to continue with their application. This article outlines how to verify your identity for Arizona’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Begin with Arizona DES
To get started:
- Go to the AZ Emergency Rental Assistance Program site.
- Select Apply for Assistance.
- Select Apply now, then select Sign in with ID.me. You’ll be automatically redirected to ID.me’s sign-in page.
2. Verify your identity
You can verify your identity for Arizona’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program using self-service. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits and services.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call.
After you verify
After you verify your identity, you can sign in to your Arizona DES account to view and manage your benefits.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.