Montana’s unemployment insurance (UI) program has partnered with ID.me to verify your identity for unemployment benefits.
After you file a claim with Montana UI:
1. You must start the identity verification process at the Montana Department of Labor & Industry (DLI) ID.me website.
a. If you filed your claim online, follow the link in the banner or select the green Verify with ID.me box on the Claim Summary page.
b. If you filed your claim over the phone, select the green Verify with ID.me box or the link in the email you received.
2. On the Montana DLI ID.me website (screen below), click the green Verify with ID.me box to start the identity verification process.
3. Follow the ID.me prompts to verify your identity.
4. You will receive an email indicating you completed the identity verification process. However, you must complete an additional step before Montana unemployment is notified.
5. On the screen below, you must select Allow so ID.me can share the listed information with Montana DLI. Selecting Allow will notify unemployment insurance you completed the identity verification process.
- ID.me will alert Montana UI when your identity has been verified. Montana UI will release the Identity Hold on your claim. Please note, this process may take up to 72 hours to complete after ID.me has successfully verified your identity.
- Montana DLI will not be notified you completed your verification unless you started at the Montana DLI ID.me website and authorized ID.me AND allowed ID.me to share your information with MT DLI as shown in step five above. If you have an ID.me account for another reason you will still have to use the link provided.
- Montana DLI representatives cannot access your ID.me account, help you with the ID.me verification process or tell you where you are in the process. If you have additional questions about ID.me or need further guidance, click here to open an ID.me support ticket. ID.me will reach out to you only regarding your ticket. Please have the support ticket number provided to you for additional assistance.
Step-by-Step Guides and Video:
- Step-by-Step Guide for Completing Identity Verification
- Step-by-Step Guide for Video Chat Identity Verification
- Verifying Your Identity for Unemployment Benefits Video
- How do I confirm my email address?
- How do I verify my identity using my driver’s license or state ID?
- Why were my identity documents not accepted?
- Why was my identity verification attempt unsuccessful?
- Why can’t my phone number be verified?
- I received a text message with a link, but my phone is not a smartphone. What should I do?