The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) works with ID.me to help verify your identity for unemployment insurance (UI). This way, you—and only you—will be able to access your benefits. ID.me’s role in this partnership is exclusively regarding identity verification. ID.me does not approve unemployment claims or distribute funds to claimants. This article explains how to verify with ID.me for unemployment insurance in Arizona.
About the verification process
ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication. During the verification process, you will be asked to share your information.
How to verify
Follow the steps below to verify your identity.
1. Begin with Arizona DES
To get started:
- Go to the DES UI site.
- If you’re applying for unemployment insurance benefits for the first time, select Apply for UI. For weekly claims, select File Weekly Claim.
- During the application process, there is a page with instructions to verify your identity with ID.me. Select the link and you’ll be automatically directed to ID.me’s sign-in page.
2. Verify your identity
You can verify your identity for unemployment benefits in Arizona using self-service. For steps to verify your identity, visit Verifying for state benefits and services.
If you can’t complete the verification process due to an issue with your documents, you will be routed to verify your identity over a video call.
After you verify
If you verified over a video call with a Video Chat Agent, there are a few steps you still need to take. You have verified with an ID.me Trusted Referee. Please follow these steps to continue your application process:
- Go to the DES UI site.
- Select Apply for UI Benefits, then select Apply Online.
- Choose a language, then select Proceed.
- Select File a Claim.
- Answer the prompts and select Proceed.
- Enter your information and select Continue.
- Select Verify with ID.me, and sign in to your ID.me account.
- Select Allow to share your verified identity information.
Note: You can now view your identity credential anytime by logging in to your ID.me account.
After you verify your identity, you can sign in to your Arizona DES account to view and manage your benefits.
Manage your ID.me account
After creating your ID.me account, you can also manage your account settings.
- Change or add email addresses to your account.
- Reset your password.
- If you can’t access your ID.me account email address, need to reset your password, or see an error message, visit I can't sign in to my account.
- Learn more about Getting started with multi-factor authentication.
- If you’re having trouble, visit Troubleshooting multi-factor authentication.