I have already verified with ID.me but my “My UI” account is still locked. What should I do?
After verifying with ID.me, you will receive another email from the Georgia DOL within 3 days, advising you about next steps. You do not need to do anything else for ID.me.
If it has been more than a few days and you still have not received an email from Georgia DOL about resetting your PIN, please contact GDOL directly for further assistance.
Where do I go to get verified?
There are two ways to access GDOL’s identity verification website:
- Click here to verify your identity with ID.me. The link will take you to a page on the GDOL's website. Then click on the green "Verify with ID.me" button.
- Or you can go to your My UI portal and attempt to login with your Social Security number and PIN. If you are required to verify with ID.me, a message will appear (image below) providing a link to the identity verification website.
What if I am under 18?
ID.me verifies only claimants who are 18 and over. Claimants under age 18 must go through an identity verification process with GDOL that does not involve ID.me.
Why did I get a text message from ID.me about unemployment verification?
You may have received a text message asking if you used ID.me to log in to GDOL’s site. This is an automated alert from ID.me that is designed to protect your identity from unauthorized use.
- If you remember signing in to ID.me, take no action.
- If you do not remember signing in to ID.me, reply "N".
Can I ask someone to help me on a Trusted Referee call?
How can I tell if I have successfully verified my identity with ID.me?
Follow the steps below:
- Visit ID.me and sign in to your account using your Email address and Password.
- Click the Sign In & Security tab.
- When prompted, select and complete your preferred multi-factor authentication method.
- In the left navigation area, click Privacy.
- Look for the Websites Granted Access section and see which websites are listed.