Gold star military spouses, also known as surviving spouses, can verify their military community to qualify for Verizon military discounts. This article explains eligibility and how to get verified.
What you will need
To verify as a Gold Star spouse, you need a scanned file or photo of one of the following documents. The document you need is based on the title your spouse held.
If your spouse passed away while still serving, please provide:
- Dependent ID card or
- Casualty Report (DD Form 1300)
If your spouse was retired from the military, please provide a Dependent ID card.
If your spouse passed away after discharge, please provide:
- DD214, or
- NGB form 22, or
- VA Eligibility Letter (if you are receiving VA benefits)
Verify your military status
To verify as a Gold Star spouse:
- Visit the Verizon Military page.
- Select Check eligibility.
- Select Get started, then sign in to your ID.me account or create a new account.
- Select Begin, then select Surviving spouse from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the prompts to enter your personal information and when prompted, your spouse’s information.
- Select Choose File and find the scanned file or digital photo of the appropriate document, then select Open.
- Select Verify Now.
After your document is verified, you can access the Verizon military offers.