To verify your COVID-19 status, you need to provide documentation for any COVID-19 vaccine doses you received. This article explains which vaccines are accepted and how to verify your vaccine status.
COVID-19 verification requirements
To verify using proof of vaccination, you must:
- Be fully vaccinated, meaning you’ve received all required doses based on the manufacturer with one of the vaccines listed below and
- Have acceptable, legible proof of vaccination.
Tip: Learn what to do if your CDC COVID-19 vaccination record card was lost or damaged.
Accepted COVID-19 vaccines
For any of the accepted vaccines, keep in mind:
- You must have documentation for any of the doses you receive.
- For vaccines with two doses, verify 14 days after your second dose. If your vaccine only requires one dose, verify 14 days after the first dose.
You can verify your COVID-19 status with vaccines from these manufacturers:
- Johnson & Johnson
Verify your vaccine status
To verify your vaccine status with proof of vaccination:
- Find the link sent to you by the organization who is requiring you to show proof of vaccination. If you did not receive a link from your organization, contact them before proceeding with the COVID-19 Status Verification process.
- Sign in to your ID.me account or create a new account. You’ll need to verify your identity using a phone number, Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or Passport Card.
- Select Upload proof of vaccination to start verifying your COVID-19 status.
- Select Begin. Alternatively, some organizations may let you verify your COVID-19 status by completing a health questionnaire.
- Enter the following information, then select Continue.
- Type of COVID-19 vaccination you received
- Date of your first dose
- Date of your second dose (if applicable)
- Select one of the following acceptable proofs of vaccination.
- Upload proof of vaccination as a photo or PDF file. If you are verifying with your CDC COVID-19 vaccination record card, make sure to upload photos of both the front and back. Select Retry if you see a "We couldn't verify your information" message on your screen. This will take you back to step three.
Note: Make sure your photo is clear, well lit, and all the information is visible. Also be sure all four corners are visible, and the photo isn't blurry.
- Review and confirm your information, then select Continue.
- To complete your COVID-19 Status Verification, select Allow and continue. This allows ID.me to share your identity and COVID-19 Status Verification with the organization you are verifying with.
After you are verified, you can access your COVID-19 Status Verification by signing into your ID.me account, then clicking the My Wallet tab at the top of the account dashboard. Depending on the organization for which you are verifying, you may be asked to update your COVID-19 Status.