Acceptable proof of negative COVID-19 test results:
- Lab-verified, rapid-result test results
- Molecular lab test PCR/NAAT results
ID.me does not accept antibody or serology tests.
Steps to verify your negative COVID-19 test results:
1. Your organization will need to send you a link to start the COVID-19 Status Verification process.
If you did not receive a link from your organization, please contact them before proceeding with the COVID-19 Status Verification process.
2. Sign in to your ID.me account.
If you do not have an ID.me account, you can create a new one and verify your identity using one of the options below:
3. Select Upload your COVID-19 test results to begin.
4. In the dropdown menu, choose either Rapid-result test results or Molecular lab test PCR/NAAT results. Select Begin.
Make sure your documents show:
5. Enter your test date, which must be within the last three days.
6. Select your document type and upload a digital copy of your test results.
You may upload a .PNG, .JPG, or .PDF file of your test results.
Select Retry if you see a "We couldn't verify your information" message on your screen. This will take you back to Step Three. Make sure your photo is clear, well lighted, all the information is visible, all four corners are visible, and the photo is not blurry.
7. Select Continue.
Review of your test results may take a few minutes or longer during peak volumes.
8. Complete your COVID-19 Status Verification and select Allow and continue.
This will allow ID.me to share your identity and COVID-19 Status Verification with the organization for which you are verifying.
After sharing your information, you can access your COVID-19 Status Verification by signing into your ID.me account.
Select one of the options below if you are prompted to complete additional verification:
- Verify COVID-19 Status using the health questionnaire
- Verify COVID-19 Status using your SMART® Health Card
- Verify COVID-19 Status using proof of vaccination
Depending on the organization for which you are verifying, you may be asked to update your COVID-19 Status.