To verify your COVID-19 status using a SMART® Health Card, you will need to have documentation for any vaccine doses you received. This article explains how to verify your COVID-19 status using your SMART® Health Card.
Before you start
Before verifying using your SMART® Health Card, you must:
- Be fully vaccinated, meaning you’ve received all required doses based on the manufacturer with an acceptable COVID-19 vaccine and
- Have access to your SMART® Health Card.
Verify with a SMART® Health Card
To verify your COVID-19 status:
- Start the process by accessing the link sent to you by the organization. If you did not receive a link from your organization, please contact them before proceeding with the COVID-19 Status Verification process.
- Sign in to your ID.me account or create a new account. You’ll need to verify your identity using a phone number, Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or Passport Card.
- Select Verify with a digital vaccine card to begin verifying your COVID-19 status.
- Select Begin.
- Select one of the following upload formats:
- Take or upload a photo or screenshot of either a paper or digital SMART® Health Card,
- Upload a SMART® Health Card file (.smart-health-card), OR
- Scan a SMART® Health Card with your device's camera.
- Follow the prompts to upload your SMART® Health Card. Select Retry if you see a "We couldn't verify your information" message on your screen. This will take you back to step three.
Note: Make sure all the information in your photo is readable and all four corners are visible.
- Review and confirm your information, then select Continue.
- Complete your COVID-19 Status Verification, then select Allow and continue. This allows ID.me to share your identity and COVID-19 Status Verification with the organization you are verifying with.
After you are verified, you can access your COVID-19 Status Verification by signing into your ID.me account, then clicking the My Wallet tab at the top of the account dashboard. Depending on the organization for which you are verifying, you may be asked to update your COVID-19 Status.